For importing plants from Thailand, import permits is required. Please follow the instruction below to get the Level 1 USDA plant import permits.
- Navigate to https://ePermits.aphis.usda.gov.
- Click the Create Account tab.
- Select your User Type (generally, Customer)
- Enter your email address.
- You will receive a confirmation email from DoNotReply.ICAM@usda.gov with the subject “eAuth
– Confirm email”. Click the Continue Registration link in the confirmation email.
- Back on the eAuth web site, enter your name and set up a password.
ePermits requires a “Verified Identity” authentication for all permit application (Previously, this was called “Level 2”). Please follow the below instruction to get Level 2.
- Don’t click “Log in to your application”. Instead, select Manage Account, then Update Account, then Continue to login Page.
- Enter user ID (email address) and the password you just created.
- Click the link (in the middle of the right side of the page) to Verify My Identity.
- Select Verify My Identity Online.
- Agree to the terms of service.
- To begin the verification process, enter your address, phone, birthday and social security number.
- The system will ask personal identity verification questions. If you are able to answer the
questions, your “Verified Account” will be created. (If you are not able to answer the online
identity verification questions, you can present your Government issued photo ID at a USDA
Local Registration Authority (LRA) office in order to have your identity verified.)
- Click Continue on the “Identity Verification Success” page.
- Click Continue to Application on the “Account Information” page.
- You should now be in the ePermits system.
- In the future you can login directly at https://ePermits.aphis.usda.gov
For importing plants from Thailand, PPQ 587 Application form is used.
Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ) Permit Applications
|Application Form||Application Name|
|PPQ 525A||Application for Permit to Receive Soil|
|PPQ 526||Application and Permit to Move Live Plant Pests or Noxious|
|PPQ 546||Agreement for Post-entry Quarantine State Screening Notice|
|PPQ 585||Application for Permit to Import Timber or Timber Products|
|PPQ 586||Application for Permit to Transit Plants and/or Plant Products,|
Plant Pests, and/or Associated Soil, through the United States
|PPQ 587||Application for Permit to Import Plants or Plant Products|
|PPQ 588||Application for Permit to Import Plants or Plant Products for|
For more details please download the attached ePermits_FAQs.
What is necessary for us to export the plant to you?
Please provide us these following items after making the payment.
- The import permits
2. The Labels for each box
Please visit for more detail, USDA APHIS | Shipping Requirements for Importing Plant and Plant Products Requiring Green and Yellow (PPQ 508) Labels
This might not be the recent procedures, please contact your authorities directly.
Some of the plants may required the protected plant permits such as Rhynchostylis Gigantea or other CITES plants, please see the example document below.
If you are wondering about how are the plant shipped? please visit: How are the plants shipped? – AmThai Orchids Online
If you are wondering about how are the plant packed? please visit: How are the plants packed? – AmThai Orchids Online