Wholesale Dendrobium Hybrids Blooming Plant
Orchid Wholesale. Worldwide Shipping. Quality Orchid from Thailand.
Botanical Name: Orchidaceae, Dendrobium Hybrids
Size: Blooming plants (Mature Orchid / Nearly flower)
20 Plants / Color
≥60 Plants / Set
Flowers after approximately: 3-6 months
How Often do they bloom? : 2-3 times / year
Duration of Blooming: 6-8 weeks
Plant Height: 40-60 cm
Pot Size: 4”
Plant Color: Varies
Growing Media Material: Coconut Husk
Please check your country’s regulation of importing goods from Thailand and informs us about their requirement. (ex. no soil/no husk, etc)
Terms of shipment: FOB BKK
Place of Origin: Thailand
Contact us: email@example.com
Dendrobium Hybrids Blooming
- Because of the large number of species in the genus, Dendrobium vary considerably in size, color, and growing conditions-the last a reflection of the variety of habitats and altitudes in which they grow. They are found in hot jungles, in mountains as high as 10,000 feet (3,000 m), in swamps, semiarid regions, and much in between. The classification of the genus is under constant review and it is likely that in the future many will be reallocated to other genera and renamed. The number of species is more than matched by the quantity of hybrids that have been and continue to be developed. In addition to appearing as pot plants, Dendrobium are well represented in the cut-flower trade. The number of flowers increases as the plant ages. First-bloom seedlings often have one to five flowers per spray. Mature plants can produce 15 or more flowers per inflorescence. The flowers last six to eight weeks.
- The plant age is about 12-14 months with plant size about 15-25 cm. They are grown in 3.5 inches pot and time to flowering about 3-4 months. The plants will be in mature stage ready to bloom when the environment is suitable.
- The number of flowers increases as the plant ages. First-bloom seedlings often have one to five flowers per spray. Mature plants can produce 15 or more flowers per inflorescence. The flowers last six to eight weeks.
- Humidity: Water is the main component in plant cell (about 90%). They use it for photosynthesis, as a solvent, to controlling the temperature and etc. Most of Orchids grow well in 60-80% relative humidity. They use water in Co2 fixation period. But don’t make their root too much wet.
- Light: The factors that affect the growth of orchids are light intensity, duration, and wavelength. No direct sunlight. 50-60% shaded net is recommended.
- Temperature: 25 – 30 ◦C at daytime and 15 – 20 ◦C at nighttime.
- Plants Nutrition: Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Sulphur, Iron, Boron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Molybdenum, and Chlorine.
- Time: Water them at 6.00-8.00 am.
- Frequency: Depends on your humidity and planting material. 1-2 times a day in dry or hot period.
Quality of water is important. Watering them a lot with good quality water, less watering when you have poor quality water. This concept should be in your mind.
- The nutrient absorption of orchid’s root depends on the amount of carbohydrate in leaves. And The absorption of Nitrate will increase with the amount of carbohydrate in root. When the orchids don’t have enough light or the temperature is high, you can add some sugar in fertilizer to increase the carbohydrate in plant.
- When you mix crystal fertilizer, you should add wetting agent or spreader but not Calcium (The solution will precipitate). For medium to mature size plant, you should use balanced grade alternate with high P fertilizer grade (15-30-15 or 10-52-17 grade). In dry period, use balanced grade for 3 weeks and alternate with high P fertilizer grade for 1 week. In humid period, use balanced grade for 2 weeks and alternate with high P fertilizer grade for 2 weeks or 28-14-35 grade for all over the year.
- And for the mature plant that is easily to get rot. You should use balanced grade for 2 weeks and alternate with high K fertilizer grade (16-21-27 or 13-27-27 grade) for 2 weeks in dry period and for humid period, use balanced grade for 2 weeks and alternate with high K fertilizer grade for 3 weeks. (TIP: high Nitrogen amount can affect the size of stem and length of spike).
Flowering depends on the amount of carbohydrate and hormone in plants. The flowering of tropical orchids can be controlled by following methods.
- Fertilizer, this is the most famous method in Thailand, we use 13-27-27 fertilizer grade for hybrids dendrobium.
- Cutting the young inflorescence
- Slow cutting inflorescence
- Controlling the environment
- Cutting the root.
- Dividing the front pseudobulb
For more details, please visit: Control of orchid’s flowering – AmThai Orchids Online
- Normally, The plants are packed in a carton box – 48*99*37 cm size. The approximate weight is 30 kg. This box can pack about 60 blooming plants. You can mix with other variety.
- We will dry them for 2-3 days to reduce the moisture (over moisture during transit can make plant rot) and chemical treatment to prevent fungi and pest. The plants will be packed properly. The shredded paper/packing paper will be used as packing material. It will prevent the plants and absorb the over moisture. In cold period, The plants will be covered by Styrofoam
- Thailand courier, (Door to door service, they work with your local delivery, available in some countries). The delivery time may vary from 5-10 days (depends on your customs). DHL and UPS in Thailand do not accept the perishable goods.
- Air cargo service to destination airport. Our agents will work with the airline to book the flight and prepare the shipping documents. The customs procedure will be responsible by the customer/your agent. The shipping charge will be much lower. The delivery time to destination airport is 2-3 days.
- Your recommended shipping agent. We will send the plant to them.
- Thailand Local Pick up / Domestic shipping.
The plants are dried before packing to prevent rot during the transportation. In some countries, we have to bare root the plants due to their regulations and reducing the shipping charge. The transportation could take from 2 days to 7 days. you should prepare the suitable area or bench before arrival.
- Unpack the plants immediately and carefully upon arrival of shipment.
- Spread out the plants.
- Spray water in the next day.
- Potting them with the right environment within one week. Vanda and Mokara orchid do not require the media.
- Spray fertilizer and fungicide after two weeks arrival.
- The plant leaves might turn yellow and fall. Plants will recover back soon.
- Normally in Thailand, we use coconut husk or charcoal as an Orchid media. But bark, sphagnum moss, perlite and cinder are also recommended. It depends on your climate and humidity.
- Orchids are air plants. They don’t like a compact media or soil. They need some space between their root to be able to breath. They don’t like too much water either. If you see some leaves turning yellow, take it out. It will stop spreading. This can be caused by over watering or lack of light. You can check it by touching the media. And indirect sunlight is a must.
We are Thailand Orchid Exporter, Orchid Grower and Laboratory. Established in 1975 as cut flowers farm, we have expanded to Laboratory since 1990. We have focused on Dendrobium Seedlings farm since 2001. We export Dendrobium, Vanda, Oncidium, Mokara, Cattleya and other varieties of orchids and ornamental plants to various countries.