Wholesale Hoya Plants
Wholesale plants. Worldwide Shipping. Quality plants from Thailand.
Botanical Name: Hoya spp.
MOQ: 5 plants
Size: Similar to the picture
Flowers after approximately: 3-6 months
How Often do they bloom? : 2-4 times / year
Duration of Blooming: 1- 3 weeks
Plant Height: Varies
Pot Size: 4”
Plant Color: Varies
Growing Media Material: Coconut Husk
Please check your country’s regulation of importing goods from Thailand and informs us about their requirement. (ex. no soil/no husk, etc). Normally, we will bare root the plants and repack it in the sphagnum moss to increase the shipping space.
Terms of shipment: FOB BKK
Place of Origin: Thailand
Contact us: email@example.com
Hoya is a genus of 200 – 300 species of tropical plants in the dogbane family, Apocynaceae. Most are native to several countries of Asia such as Philippines, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Polynesia, New Guinea, and vast variety of species could also be found in Australia.
Before buying a Hoya plant, you have to learn their behavior, what they need, what is the suitable environment, planting material and plant nutrient. Hoya is the tropical plants. There origin is in the hot and humidity region. They are strong and easy grow plants.
Pot: Plastic pot is the most popular because it has a light weight. And clay pot is also recommended due to humidity keeping ability.
Planting material: The planting material is depending on the weather and the humidity in your region. The recommend planting materials are coconut husk, charcoal, volcanic rock, and pumice. Do not use soil because fungi can be incurred.
Light: The suitable light intensity is about 50-60%. You might use the shading net to control the light intensity. If the light is not enough, the stem will be extended, and it will affect the growth of flower.
Water: The watering time should be in the morning, and if the planting material getting dry before noon, you have to water it again in 3.00-4.00 pm.
Frequency: Depends on your humidity and planting material. 1-2 times a day in dry or hot period.
Quality of water is important. Watering them a lot with good quality water, less watering when you have poor quality water. This concept should be in your mind.
Fertilizer: Both soluble fertilizer and slow-release fertilizer can be used. High Phosphorus contents can speed up the flower growth. It should be used twice a week and spray it in the morning.
Pest and disease
The most common pest and disease found in Hoya are fungi, leaf spot disease and aphids.
Fungi: It incurs when there is too much moisture in the planting material. Normally, it is commonly found in raining season. The stem and leaves will turn to yellow. Cut the rest and re plant in the new planting material. You can spray the fungicide to stop the spreading.
Leaf spot disease: It is incurred by the Phyllosticta Zingiberi fungi. It will destroy the inner stem and leave. You can prevent it by using Fungicide.
Aphids: it is a small bug that sucks the sap from the stem, leave, and flower. The leave will kink and flower will wilt. It can be eliminated by using Abamectin.
One method of propagation is sexual propagation. It is the reproduction of plants by seeds. You can get the new hybrid offspring that is difference from the parent plants. It may have a difference flower color or leaf pattern.
- Prepare the seed pod. You can select the old pod by looking at the pod color. It will turn from green to yellow, and ready to explode.
- After remove the seed from the pod, plant them immediately to increase the survive rate.
- Use sphagnum moss or husk (soak it for a night), strew the seed on them. It will take about a week to grow.
The other method for propagation is cutting. This method is easier and faster. But the offspring will be the same as the parent.
- Cut the Hoya branch with the pair of leaves.
- Remove the other leaf to reduce the loss of water.
- Cut the excess stem to make the plant stronger.
- If the leaves is close with others, you can cut it in a group.
Normally, the plants are packed in a carton box – 48*99*37 cm size. The approximate weight is 30 kg. This box can pack 200-600 Hoyas depending on the size.
We will dry them for 2-3 days to reduce the moisture (over moisture during transit can make plant rot) and chemical treatment to prevent fungi and pest. The plants will be packed properly. The shredded paper/packing paper will be used as packing material. It will prevent the plants and absorb the over moisture. In cold period, The plants will be covered by Styrofoam
For shipping, The following is our suggestions.
- Thailand courier, (Door to door service, they work with your local delivery, available in some countries). The delivery time may vary from 5-10 days (depends on your customs).
DHL and UPS in Thailand do not accept the perishable goods.
- Air cargo service to destination airport. Our agents will work with the airline to book the flight and prepare the shipping documents. The customs procedure will be responsible by the customer/your agent. The shipping charge will be much lower. The delivery time to destination airport is 2-3 days.
- Your recommended shipping agent. We will send the plant to them.
- Thailand Local Pick up / Domestic shipping.
We will provide you the Phytosanitary certificate according to your permits condition. The import permits and other documents may required in some countries. Please contact your authorities for more details and send it to us before shipping.
The plants are dried before packing to prevent rot during the transportation. In some countries, we have to bare root the plants due to their regulations and reducing the shipping charge.
The transportation could take from 2 days to 7 days. you should prepare the suitable area or bench before arrival.
- Unpack the plants immediately and carefully upon arrival of shipment.
- Spread out the plants.
- Spray water in the next day.
- Potting them with the right environment within one week.
- Spray fertilizer and fungicide after two weeks arrival.
- The plant leaves might turn yellow and fall. Plants will recover back soon.